Types of Cable/Zip Ties Provided by Electrical Basics
Our selection features the following cable/zip ties.
1. Standard Nylon Cable Ties: They are one-piece, self-locking type fasteners used for handling wire bundles with tensile loop strengths from 18LB to 175LB. They are available in lengths from 3" to 48". We provide standard nylon cable ties in natural nylon 6/6 and UV-resistant black nylon material.
2. Mounting Nylon Cable Ties: These plastic zip ties feature a mounting hole for screw fastening. Our selection features mounting nylon cable ties in lengths from 6" to 15.6" to support bundle diameters from 1/16" to 4.75". Screw mounting enables mounting the cables or wires to walls, panels, or vehicle chassis. We provide them in natural and black colors. Black color ties are the best choice for outdoor applications where they may be exposed to sunlight. These ties feature a black carbon additive, which adds a degree of UV protection.
3. Releasable Cable Ties: These cable ties are gaining popularity and are commonly used in applications where new wires may be added to the bundle more often. The cable ties feature a releasable tab, which enables easy addition or removal of wires, cables, and bundles. Our releasable cable ties feature locking teeth, which can be adjusted to any bundle size.
4. Identification Nylon Cable Ties: As the name suggests, these cable ties feature a flat surface tab below the lock. This tab enables users to use them for marking or writing wires, cables, and cords. The tab offers a smooth writing surface for identification. The triangular tip on the cable tie makes it easy to use, while the ridges assure a secured hold.
5. Air Handling Cable Ties: These cable/zip ties are used in air handling spaces such as hung ceilings, plenums, ducts, and below raised floors. They meet UL 1565 requirements for low heat release, low smoke generation, and mechanical strength.
6. Color Cable Ties & Fluorescent Cable Ties: Our selection includes several heavy duty colored zip ties in miniature, standard, and long lengths and in four tensile strengths. These zip ties are ideal for use in professional as well as home, cable, and wire management applications.
7. Beaded Nylon Cable Ties: A beaded nylon cable tie comprises an interlocking feature, which can be released and used again. The beads of ties are smooth and round, which helps protect the insulation of the wire head. There is a locking head that keeps the wire tight and secure.
8. Polyethylene Cord Ties: These cable and zip ties are reusable and can be used multiple times before discarding. We provide these cable and zip ties in at least two sizes.